Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Due Date...

Well today is my official due date... but it looks like this baby is going to take her sweet time making her debut. For the past two weeks I have been dilated only to a one. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon so hopefully we will hear better news on how far I have progressed.


In the mean time I have been making the most of my free time by organizing the baby's room and our apartment. Last week I successfully made a car seat cover and it actually turned out pretty good. This is a big deal because I am horrible at arts and crafts. So I will take this time to brag about my accomplishment! Actually it was really easy. All I had to do was sew a square together and then attach velcro ties to the top so that the cover will stay over the car seat. The hardest part for me was picking out fabric. I spent an hour in the store trying to decide. After emailing pictures of my final two choices to my mom, dad, two friends in my ward, and Ryan's mom for their opinion I finally made my decision. Here is the finished product.


By the way, car seat covers are sold in the mall for $50.00!!!! I made this for under $20.00!

As for Ryan, he is very busy with school. I hardly see him during the week but I'm proud of him for working so hard in school and his job. This week he has three test. He took one this morning and will take the other two tomorrow. So that means this weekend he has lots of free time in case the baby decides to show up! Thankfully these are his last tests before finals!
That's the update for now. Hopefully our next update will be full of baby pictures!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

6 comments:

David Waddell said...

Car Seat Cover looks great and so does the 12th to have a baby!!!!
Love ya, Dave

Whit and Steve said...

you did a great job on the cover! That's on my list of things to make, and one day I'll get to it :) But it's nice to hear how easy it was for you!

I hope the labor and delivery goes smoothly! And I can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby girl. I'm sure she's going to be adorable! Hope you're hanging in there and doing well. I'll be thinking about you over the next few days and I hope she comes soon!!

Danielle said...

CUTE! i love your car seat cover! my sister is making mine and its just black and white. couldn't find any super cute boy fabrics that i loved. Still have something for you i need to bring it over and i was hoping to do that before the baby came and your mothers come and things got crazy but now my mom is here and things are getting crazy. i'll get it to you soon!

Talltiffany said...

Ashley, great job on the car seat cover. I love the print. We are so excited for her arrival, and we can't wait for the news. Keep us posted. We hope all goes well and that everyone will be healthy and happy in the end. I am looking forward to hearing the delivery story from your perspective AND Ryan's! :) Love ya!

Amy said...

Cute car seat cover! I bought fabric to make one, but I never got around to it. (: I hope your little girl comes soon! Good luck!

Jennifer, Nate and Braden said...

Sooo cute Ashley! I never made one but now I wish I did!!