Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh No!!!


Last Monday I had a Geography test and my professor let me take it later in the afternoon. I was supposed to be at her office at 4:30. When I got to the building I realized that I had five minutes to spare so I decided to use the Ladies Room. As I was walking out to wash my hands I leaned over to grab my back pack when my phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet! NOOOOO!!! I just starred at the phone for a few seconds not knowing what to do. The first and only thing I could think of was DISEASE!!!! Hello, college campus, dirty toilets, eewww! For a second I considered leaving it. "Just break the wrist and walk away." But, then I thought Ryan would probably throw a fit if I gave up and left it. So, with much hesitation I quickly put my hand in the toilet (the water had already been flushed) and pulled out my phone.

Good thing I was the only one in the bathroom because I was whining and repeating "eeww, gross" the whole time. Once I had my phone I ran over to the sink and put it on a ledge under the mirror. I sat and washed my hands over and over for a long time with scalding hot water and mounds of soap. After I scrubbed my hands I looked at my phone for a second wondering what I should do with it. I didn't want to put in in my backpack while it was still dirty. I tried to turn it back on but it didn't work. So I did what any germ-a-phobic crazy girl would do... I washed my phone. Yes, I washed my phone with lots of soap and hot water! I figured the phone was a goner but at least it was clean when I put it in my backpack.

When I was done I ran to my professors office. Thankfully she had disinfectant wipes! I quickly took my phone apart and cleaned it again! When I got home Ryan could do nothing but tease me all night about washing my phone, but I feel justified in my actions! My phone isn't entirely broken because I can still text message but the sound does not work. So if your trying to get a hold of me don't call, just text! I still need to get a new phone. Ryan thinks that if I had not washed my phone then it would still work, but I still stand by my decision to wash my phone. I'm sure some of you would have done the same too!

5 comments:

Talltiffany said...

That really is an awesome story! Hilarious!

Amy said...

I have had so many friends drop their phones in the toilet. Hopefully you get a new phone soon and I think you did the right thing by washing it with lots of soap and hot water!

Jennifer, Nate and Braden said...

Haha!!!!! When I was reading this I was laughing because I would have done everything the exact same as you did- from contemplating whether to leave the phone in the toilet (but being afraid Nate would flip out) to washing my hands 20 million times and then washing the phone!!!! So don't worry- from my point of view, you did the right thing! :)

Whit and Steve said...

I would have done the exact same thing!! Wash Away!!

2MyGirls said...

Eeww! I would probable leave it in the toilet and tell Greg it was run over by a car, or it fell into the sewer or a dog ate it.