Thursday, August 21, 2008

Strawberry Jammin'!

I have been on break from school for the past few weeks and the lack of activity is catching up with me. I'm starting to get restless, just ask Ryan. I think I'm starting to drive him crazy. So to keep myself occupied I started taking on little projects such strawberry freezer jam. I'm also sewing a tote bag and soon I'll move on the a skirt!. I'm worried that if I keep up with the food projects we are all going fat!Last year I got the itch to make raspberry jam. So in September Ryan and I went up to pick raspberries at Apple hill and ended up with 11 pounds of berries. It took us two days to make that stupid jam, but it was tasty. This year I toned it down a bit and made jam out of 8 pounds of strawberries. But I guess strawberry jam isn't that bad except the 4 cups of sugar to every 2 cups of fruit that the recipe calls for. Right? I plan on giving jam away. (Don't worry Andy, we wont forget you this time!) Thankfully the jam only took a few hours to make instead of a two day project. I still have a couple weeks till I start school and I'm running out project ideas!!! I could use some suggestions!









9 comments:

Jenner said...

wish i lived their so i could be a recipient of that delicious looking jam! ryan looks like such a good helper.

Whit and Steve said...

I bet it turned out great!! wish i could have some!! you're quite the little homemaker!! hope all is well!! talk to you soon!!

Andy Is Me said...

Your jam...is the best jam... of all the jams...

Had my inaugural PB&SFJFAAR sandwich yesterday after my run (that's "Peanut Butter and Special Freezer Jam From Ashley And Ryan...)

Good lookin' out...

2MyGirls said...

You could come visit us. The girls would love to see you. Morgan wants you to bring some jam.

Talltiffany said...

You are such the homemaker! Very cool!

COTA MOM said...

I've been freezing and jaming peaches for the last two days. I also have a bunch of plums I need to do too. Lots of work, but worth it in the end!! Miss you guys so much at GBIII.

Debbie Waddell said...

I think Ryan & Ashley sould live here forever! I love just having them here but I am also loving her baking and sewing talents!!! I could never get Ryan to do that kind of stuff for me :)

Dev and Asha said...

I want to learn to make freezer jam and cinnamon rolls so bad!! You must teach me! You look like a pro and they look soo tasty! Lets get together for a date soon though!

Unknown said...

Nerd!! Just kidding...I wish I could make jam and cinna-buns and grow fun stuff in my garden all day! Oh...and not to mention bakesales...man, I want your life. Muhaaaaaaaa!!! Hee-hee...just wishing I could hang with the coolest younger sister in the world! Oh...and coolest brother in law named Ryan, too.