Thursday, September 17, 2009

BYU...Women's Volleyball?!?

So Ashley and I attended our first BYU sporting event this evening. This may come as a surprise, but we went to cheer on the BYU women’s volleyball team. You can make fun of me if you would like, but we had a fun time. We played San Diego (yes the German translation) State and it was a very close match.




BYU won the first set followed by San Diego taking set two and three. We rallied in the forth set and came from behind and won to force a fifth set. In the fifth set we destroyed them! The only reason we won was our #12, Kayla Walker I believe, she is 6’5” and dominated on offense with 31 kills but she was maybe the worse blocker in women’s volleyball history for her height with 2 blocks. I tried to get a moment with her after the game as they were running in the locker room but a news reporter got to her first. I hope she doesn’t Google her name often because she could definitely beat me up.




I was able to secure two miniature volleyball’s which were thrown into the crowd. The first because I got mad hops and the second I snagged from Carlie McKeon, which the announcer made fun of me for stealing it from a girl. But you know what; I saw her give another girl a concussion in a basketball game last year so if she really wanted it she would have put up a better fight. That volleyball had a voucher for a free popcorn which I thoroughly enjoyed. I did end up giving her the mini volleyball, but I kept the free popcorn voucher.




Well all and all we had a great time and this was just a taste of what Saturday’s football game against Andy’s Florida State Seminole’s. Which brings me to this week’s poll (yes, I’ve decided to include a weekly poll with my blog). Who will win the BYU vs. Florida State Football game?

5 comments:

Joe Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Ryan said...

A note from Ashley,

Ryan: funny post :)

Carlie: Im glad we get to hang out becuase you're a whole bunch of fun! Don't feel bad about the concussion. We know it wasn't your fault and besides the girl was faking it!

Kayla: If by some weird chance you ever come across this post, we really do think you are a fantastic volleyball player! Seriously by far the best on the team. But please, don't beat up my husband. He's just joking.

Andy Is Me said...

BO-RING! Where are the mustaches?? But seriously congrats on snagging the balls - if you need any advice on how to do it more effectively, just ask...

Debbie Waddell said...

Volleyball - how fun! But really Ryan . . . hogging 2 mini volleyballs? Didn't I teach you to share? Next time just buy the popcorn. Go BYU!!!! Miss you guys! XO

AnnEE said...

Ryan- You're a funny dude. I never got back to you about the job at the Ped's office- they were super unhelpful, so I'm sorry.

Also, I voted on your poll. If my choice helps you get super rich, I'd reaaalllly appreciate you kicking in a few grand for me to get my doctorate. Thanks a bunch.