Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ashley's Bday, Saturday Fun!

As many of you know we celebrated Ashley's birthday this Thursday!!! Ashley, Kelsey, Andrew, Aunt Kathy, and I went to Andrew's restaurant to enjoy Ashley's favorite dish (my least favorite) sushi. Because we are poor and have no money she didn't get many presents from me. So she decided that on Saturday she wanted to go for a drive to see the fall colors.


So this morning Ashley, Andrew, and I started our day off going to Great Harvest Bread Company and Jamba Juice to enjoy a great breakfast. We then drove up Provo Canyon and stopped off at Bridal Veil Falls to hike around. (Joe, Matt, Andy I totally think we can climb up this)

After, we headed to Sundance where they were having an outdoor art festival which we walked around and checked out the booths. Then we continued past Sundance which turns into what's called the Alpine Loop and is famous for its fall colors. I have to say it was very pretty. I have never really enjoyed Fall because in California you don't see tree's like this.




After Alpine Loop we ate lunch at this great place called Kneader's, where they bake all their breads and have wonderful desserts.

Located practically down the street from Kneader's is a new Cabela's so of course we had to stop and check it out.

You know you're in Utah when you have to take a number and then wait for your number to be called, like you're at the DMV, just to talk to someone about guns!

We then headed back to Provo for the BYU vs. CSU football game. We ending up missing a lot of the first quarter because I am retarded and though it started at 5 pm for some reason. But It ended up being a great game. (much better than their pathetic loss last week) I do have to give a shot out to Paul Madsen #76 on CSU team (he is mormon) because he was the only CSU player to help a BYU player up after he threw them down, which made me laugh.


After the football game we headed to the Women's Soccer match to watch them destroy Utah State 3-0. I had fun their because some crusty old Utah State fans were getting upset and I spent rest of the game trying to say this to make them more mad.
So we had a really busy, but really fun day! Happy Birthday Ashley! Love ya!

5 comments:

Talltiffany said...

Happy Birthday Ashley, We could totally climb that. We just need a little rope.

Joe

Debbie Waddell said...

What a great day! I do remember how beautiful Provo Canyon is in the Fall. The colors are spectacular! A perfect way to end Ashley's birthday celebration. We miss you!! xoxo mom

Jennifer Karyn said...

how fun! are you loving utah? looks like we weren't sitting too far away at the BYU game!

Jennifer, Nate and Braden said...

Wow, sounds like a great way to spend a birthday! The fall colors are so pretty- I wish I could see them! I am so jealous you get to see different seasons!! It still feels and looks like summer here. Happy Birthday!!

Andy Is Me said...

Forgetaboutit - we got that thing... no rope necessary...