Saturday, October 3, 2009

Snow?!?! In September??

So we have been living in Utah for 35 days now. We have been enjoying our time here so far spending a lot of our free time driving up the canyon, attending BYU sporting events, and spending a $1 to see a movie! (they have an awesome $1 theatre here)


However, this week the weather took a turn for the worse. On Tuesday evening a rain storm blew in and it rained hard all night. We woke up the next morning and found SNOW, yes SNOW covering the mountains!! For those of you not familiar with Provo, the mountains are less than 20 minutes away and easily seen from any direction. Since that day it has continued to be cold all week.
(I find the cartoon funny, seeing that sub-prime mortgage's lead to me returning back to school...which is located in the snow...I don't know why I feel the need to explain this but yet I continue to type)


I think it is going to be a long winter for us seeing that we are complaining about weather in the high 40's. I think the only thing that will get me through the winter is if I buy a season pass to one of the local ski resorts so at least I can be snowboarding. However they are expensive so if any of you want to be the first to donate to the Ryan snowboarding fund I can let you know our new address.



Other than the freezing cold weather we are doing pretty good. Ashley is working hard looking for a job, and I am working hard at school. I have my first set of tests that I have to take on Monday and Tuesday so cross your fingers that I do well!

2 comments:

Jennifer, Nate and Braden said...

hahaha I am just laughing because you seemed shocked to wake up to snow in Utah!! Yes, I am afraid it will be a long winter for you. I remember my first winter there I had absolutely no snow gear and so I was walking around the snow in flip flops and everyone thought I was crazy. Hopefully you will be a little more prepared than I was. :)

Good luck on your tests! And have fun at the lovely testing center! (gosh I miss that place.)

2MyGirls said...

I do not miss the snow, but I do miss you guys. It will be a long winter for sure. I found it depressing--hopefully you will not.