Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ryan is a champion; BYU Football is not...

So this weekend ESPN choose Provo to host their weekly ESPN College Game Day TV & radio show. It was pretty exciting as it brought a lot more national attention. Unfortunately BYU's defense forgot to show up the first quarter giving up 21 points and all that good publicity turned into bad.

The good news is the BCS trophy goes along with the TV & radio show! They had a section of our local grocery store set up where you could take a picture with the trophy. So I did. Ashley for some reason did not want to join my picture.


I also was enrolled to win an all expense paid trip to the championship game. I think my chances are pretty good at winning, so those of you who would want to be one of the three can start sending me gifts now.


This week we actually had pretty close seats at the football game. To bad BYU had to loose. We had an adventure getting to the staduim though. As soon as we left a crazy rain cloud blew in and it was raining, windy, and we got soaked (we usually walk to the stadium). It was raining and blowing so hard, that I had to keep my hood over 75% of my face and head down, which caused me to run right into a sign. The little kid behind me started laughing really loud at me. It was embarrasing. Once we got there, Ashley had to go back home to change shoes as her's were soaked. Luckily it was just that one cloud so the rest of the night was dry.

4 comments:

Joe Mama said...

I'm sorry you had a bad night Ryan. I'm pretty sure I watched the same game, and I had a great time watching it (Go Utes). You should have punched that little punk kid for laughing at you. However, I probably would have laughed too.

Joe

Debbie Waddell said...

What - no poll this time? Not for BYU either I guess. Maybe next year. But the games are fun to go to - keep your head up though! :-) xoxo mom

Jennifer, Nate and Braden said...

We are so excited to see you guys...tomorrow!!! We can't wait!!! It will be so much fun. We are going to freeze our butts off though!!

Andy Is Me said...

Ummm... yeah, BYU's not that good... the rain and having some kid punk you (seriously with no retribution? that's weak sauce - that kid has to learn that his actions have consequences. Obviously his parents aren't raising him right so it falls to society...) was God's way of telling you to skip the game and go get pizza